Anglo Belgian Corporation
Anglo Belgian Corporation with headquarters in Gent, Belgium has almost a century of engine-building expertise. The company was founded in 1912 by a group of Belgian entrepreneurs soon after building the first licensed Rudolf Diesel engine.
Despite the reduced possibilities for sales and trading during the two world wars, ABC continued its activities. As the production level was low during these periods a lot of time was spent to research and design with the future in mind. A successor, based on the DU engine-line, was designed soon after and named DX for the naturally aspirated version. Through cooling of the charge-air after the turbo compressor by means of an intercooler, power of the same engine could be doubled, compared to the naturally aspirated engine this engine line was named DXC.
Since the 1980s, the company designs and manufactures medium speed, four stroke diesel engines for marine, traction, power generation applications and turnkey power plants around the world.
Continued innovations have made Anglo Belgian Corporation one of the important manufacturers of Diesel, HFO and dual-fueled medium speed engines, as well as generator sets for today's global energy industry. Anglo Belgian Corporation remains committed to develop more efficient engines which deliver more power and use less fuel while significantly reducing emissions.
A growing installed base provides references in more than 120 countries, supported by factory-certified service technicians available all over the world.
ABC Diesel Engines - Reliability first.
THE BEGINNING OF ABC HISTORY
The First World War stopped the excellent start of ABC. Marcel Drory, the commercial director was called under the arms. Raw materials were no more available in enough quantities and slowly all activities died. The German army occupied the factory, transported all machines to Germany and young workers were obliged to work behind the lines for the German army. After signing peace, November the 11th 1918, most of the machines taken by the Germans were recovered, and from the United States new equipment was bought so that a new period of glory and export could start.